Wednesday, May 21, 2014

House # 1 - Yellow House & A Painted House A Day Thoughts

I am up to 59 Art Houses today!
Some days I feel that this project is becoming tedious and I wonder how and if I will be able to paint ALL 183 houses...I must be crazy! But each day I complete a house and post it here on my blog, I feel so happy that I created art for the day and it helps me to continue to push myself in regards to my art. I also stay focused in knowing how much fun it will be to share these houses in the final show and to have them hanging in homes around the world (I can dream big:)

This little yellow house was my first house in my art challenge.  It has been sold in my pre sales and will be going to a new home after my art show when all 183 paintings are completed...sometime this winter.
I am thinking that this yellow house may turn into a series at some point in this project.  More yellow houses will be fun. This house was done with a process using a hard molding paste and a hand made paper stencil.  This technique creates a semi - relief effect. I really like the texture this creates.
I am thinking - more yellow houses with this technique in a variety of sizes.
Check back to see more!

"If I create from the heart, nearly everything works;  if from the head, almost nothing. " --Marc Chagall

No comments: