Thursday, May 8, 2014

House #46 - Rain 1

A Painted House A Day
House #46
Rain 1

I decided today to move on to a new series of art houses. This series will be named, "Rain."
I have found that I love working in a series as it allows for continuity in this project of,  A Painted House A Day.
It seems so far-at least, that six or seven art houses are my limit for a series and I'm ready to move on.

This Rain Series has been on my mind for a while and today was a good day to start. Coincidentally it rained here in Central Texas...thunderstorms all day. We have had a dry spell up until today.

I grew up in Washington State, near Seattle where the rain is nothing new.
Now, living in Texas, I miss the rain(although sunny days are wonderful) and a rainy day brings memories of "home."
When I think of rain I have memories of listening to the drops and pitter patters on the roof as I slept. I remember playing in the puddles and rain walks without out an umbrella.
I love the smell just before the rain comes down...the smell of rain - a clean smell.

Today as the rain came down I sat out on our back yard porch with my youngest daughter and we watched sheets of rain fill the grass with puddles of mud.

Here is the first house in the Rain Series. Also a couple pictures from our rainy day.
Enjoy!

"Let the rain kiss you. Let the rain beat upon your head with silver liquid drops. Let the rain sing you a lullaby. " - Langston Hughes

No comments: