Monday, June 16, 2014

House #83 - Bird House (nest 1)

A Painted House A Day
House #83
Bird House (nest 1)

Created on 6/14/2014


Here is my next series of art houses...Bird House (nest.) 

The inspiration for the nest comes from my own backyard little bird that has built a nest in the corner of the backyard porch...near the roof. I have a perfect view from my kitchen window.  We are waiting and hoping for bird babies any day. The bird in this photo on the fence sits all day in the nest, only to fly away if we get to close, which I have instructed my daughters to keep their distance. I was lucky to look outside at the right time to see another small bird with a bright red throat feeding the bird in the nest. 

It is our little summer visitor and a gift to see the bird sitting in the nest each day.



"The bird a nest, the spider a web, man friendship." --William Blake 

No comments: