Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Wonderful Turquoise

I kicked off my new series yesterday with House #79 - Turquoise 1. I think I must have dreamt of turquoise last night and wanted to post a few thoughts for this series. I found this wonderful blog called House of Turquoise, http://www.houseofturquoise.com/ I think I spent over an hour the other night looking at all the beautiful rooms décor with all colors turquoise. It sure inspired me for my turquoise series. I am in love with the color and all shades in it's spectrum. Seafoam, teal, robin's egg blue, aqua, sky blue, pool blue...just to name a few. For me, these colors are calming and bring a smile to my face. I grew up around water and traveled to Hawaii, and California for beach vacations as a child.
These are two of my paintings with turquoise. Summer Bloom and Untitled. The Color Turquoise The meaning of the color turquoise is open communication and clarity of thought. Turquoise helps to open the lines of communication between the heart and the spoken word. It presents as a friendly and happy color enjoying life. In color psychology, turquoise controls and heals the emotions creating emotional balance and stability. In the process it can appear to be on an emotional roller coaster, up and down, until it balances itself. A combination of blue and a small amount of yellow, it fits in on the color scale between green and blue. It radiates the peace, calm and tranquility of blue and the balance and growth of green with the uplifting energy of yellow.

No comments: