Friday, July 18, 2014

It's A Learning Experience...I'll Tell You!






I really didn't know what I was getting into when I started this blog, some one-hundred and sixteen painted houses ago.  My goal was to paint a house a day, to force my creativity to a higher level, and to share this experience on my blog with whomever may be interested. 
Today, being over the half way point towards painting one hundred and eighty- three houses on canvas, I look back on my journey thus far and have learned so much.  In fact, I am still learning! 


I have learned that I am not a writer and it doesn't come easy to me as paint on a canvas... if I could paint my words on this blog - I surely would.





I have learned that I look forward to painting my new house each day and I can't wait to post it and share with you.

I have learned to not give in to the daily tasks and distractions, that may try and derail me from completing a painted house.

I have learned...just tonight, that I can customize my font and style of each
post.  I knew there was a way...but couldn't figure it out earlier. Yea! 

I have learned that I love looking each night on my blog settings to see where my viewers are from.  Germany, USA, Lithuania, Australia, Japan...just to name a few.  Yes, this is very exciting for me.  To think of someone so far away looking at one of my painted houses.  I often wonder if they have a favorite...Please do tell!

If I had to choose my top four favorite houses right now, these would be the winners...at least for today.  I love each one so much and when I look at them I remember the story or memory that inspired the painting.










 
Each painted house in some way tells a story of my life and all the places and houses I have lived.
 


These painted houses are in some way a painted journal of my life adventures.
 

I have learned to not be too upset when I don't receive many comments on my blog, although I would love some! 

I have learned that it takes a lot of courage, time, and creativity to complete a painting and a blog post each day. 

I have learned to have small goals and to work towards the bigger picture.



I have learned that no matter how much my daughters need me and request my time, I still can find time for my work, and they will be okay.


 
I have learned that I have a great group of friends and family who support me in my creative endeavors...okay, I knew this already, but this has been reinforced since taking on this project.  Thank you to all of you who have commented and given me ideas along the way.  It means so much!
 
 
 

By doing this project, A Painted House A Day, it has reinforced my knowledge that there is never enough time in a day to do all the paintings and creative things I would like.  I have learned however, that by doing at least one new painting a day, I can keep my creative muse alive and keep doors open to new opportunities.

“I dream my painting and I paint my dream.”
Vincent van Gogh




With sixty-seven painted houses left...Really, is that it??  I may get sad!
 I have a lot to look forward to in this project.  New houses to paint will bring new designs, challenges, and interactions with my blog. 

This fall, will start the exciting process of getting ready for the final art show with all 183 Painted Art Houses!  The show will take place sometime in December of 2014...location and date to be announced soon.  So stay tuned...you just may be in the area.

I plan on painting some larger house paintings for the show...and will also have prints of the 4 x 4 inch house paintings.

Remember... if you see an art house you love...that you can't live without...send me a message to reserve it. I will let you know if it is still available, some have found new homes. 
Each house is an original! 
You can pre order your house and I will mail it to you after the show.







“Hold fast to dreams,
For if dreams die
Life is a broken-winged bird,
That cannot fly.”
Langston Hughes
























 

No comments: