Thursday, July 10, 2014

Just Some Thoughts, Notes, and Comments...

Hi All,
Just some thoughts, notes, and comments... I am using this blog as my online journal to record my project, A Painted House A Day, as well as to share my art with you. I am working on a new series and will post the first house of this series in a bit. I have painted 108 art houses and today will be house number 109! Wow! This is an accomplishment for me. Thanks to all of you have given me ideas, feedback, and support along the way...it really helps! It hasn't been easy, at times, but I keep chugging along and see the bigger picture for my project...I think:)
For those of you who are new to my blog...my goal is to show all 183 painted art houses in a show sometime this winter. At that time the original paintings will be for sale as well as prints. You can pre-purchase the originals now but I will hold on to them until the show. I post each new painted art house everyday except Saturday and Sunday. If you see one you are interested in reserving, send me an email with your interest. I will let you know if the painting is already reserved. The price for a 4 x 4 inch original art house on canvas is $40.00. More info to come on the location and date of the show.
I paint in a series and sometimes the series evolve from an inspiration of somewhere I have lived, the house itself, the environment, or the seasons. Other times it is a new inspiration, from my new adventures, another artist, visiting a new place, and even from magazines and art books.
House Series I have completed: Poppy Lane, Southwest, Garden Cottage, Rain, Polka Dots, Stencil, Yellow House, Turquoise, Bird House (nest), Summer House (lanterns), Stars in July, and Alberta Street. Some ideas for future art house series: barn house, summer market, lake house, and green house. Do you have any ideas for art houses? Something you would like to see? Feel free to send me your ideas!
Be creative! Christy

No comments: